Results to be achieved
The main result is an effectively functioning (beyond the life of the project) Baltic-Nordic community of practice (network), sharing knowledge and experience in risk and security research, teaching and training. Learning and training products: joint international interdisciplinary curricula comprised of modules - results of participating HEIs in the area of risk and security governance will be developed through collaboration in a partner network using an open access ICT based knowledge and practice exchange platform. It will aim at the needs of a particular member of the network. This ensures an open access to the risk and security governance training/self-training module system for everybody on MA level through the digital network as well as organized access to the training system for other target groups (for example VET for public servants) according to the needs of a partner country's interests.
Project objectives, results and activities:
1. To exchange know-how and expertise in Risk and Security Governance via strategic partnerships of Baltic-Nordic academic communities
Results: An active and well-established collaborative network of partner HEIs.
Development of ICT based network for Baltic-Nordic academic community of practices in risk and security governance by means of:
- Common Guidelines for cooperation (structure, processes and activities)
- National coordination bodies responsible for various activities and well-functioning of the network
- Common activities (workshops, seminars, dissemination and outreach activities, common teaching courses)
- Common ICT platform for exchange of knowledge and expertise
2. To develop interdisciplinary curricula on risk and security studies that will be integrated in the study and training programmes of the Baltic-Nordic academic institutions.
Results: Joint international interdisciplinary Risk and Security Governance curricula, developed during the project and gradually integrated in the study programmes of the HEIs.
- development of curricula design and selection of didactic methods and pedagogical instruments, tools and teaching methods
- development of the set of practice-based, interactive study modules (60 ECTS in total) in 3 risk and security governance areas (Assessing and understanding risks; Managing risks and security; Risk communication) based on specific competences of each participating institution and on blended learning technologies and available research products.
3. To establish learning infrastructure using advanced and innovative learning and teaching technologies for enhancing risk and security governance awareness and competences.
Results: Open access Risk Laboratory established and training of trainers (ToT) implemented.
- development of an open access Risk Laboratory in the form of cooperation platform and data base containing results of the research, statistical data, reports, scientific literature in the area of risk and security governance;
- preparation of Learning Management System (LMS) capable of handling Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) and exchange of open educational resources (OER) and complete courses among partner HEIs;
- using modern didactic methodology to prepare a team of trainers capable to deliver modules.
4. To enhance awareness and competences in risk and security governance of various stakeholders and professional groups to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate the potential effects of all types of disasters and emergencies.
Results: enhancement of competencies of different target groups based on the needs of the countries covering risk governance and analysis, computerized decision making, risk treatment and monitoring developed.
- implementation of pilot risk governance trainings for representatives of different target groups in each partner-country;
- dissemination of the risk and security governance training methodology, networked training capacities and capabilities using Baltic- Nordic regional and local mass media.